Thursday, May 9, 2019

Pinky Memsaab

My first full length Pakistani feature film, and it didn't disappoint.

I've always loved Pakistani serials, right back since TV times. There's a certain subtlety, depth and elegance about them that it just so appeals.


Pinky Memsaab, is a  story that revolves around a naive woman from Pakistan, moving to Dubai as housemaid with an upmarket socialite, and how that relationship grows to alter the very texture and trajectory of both their lives.

Shazia Ali Khan explores the dynamics and complexities of human relationships in the context of the life of expats life in Dubai, the glitz and glamour of the upmarket life and how it intertwines with the deeper human emotions that have a will of their own.

Sensitive and incisive direction, coupled with brilliant acting by Hajra Yamin and Kiran Mallik, and the rest of the cast too, and the movie goes into my must watch bucket.

And thanks here to netflix. Not only did I love it, I even got my mom and dad to watch, and they both totally enjoyed it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment