Sunday, May 7, 2017

Way To Go, Sujata

Sujata had an art exhibition in Bangalore last month, and this time round she got good press coverage in the newspapers in Hubli, where she lives.

It's in kannada, but so what, here it's kind of literally true that the pictures speak louder than the words. There's her on top, and there's her painting. The painting of the bells in hers, and in the second one the fourth painting of the girls face.



I've seen her grow with her paintings since school, and each time we meet, I'm amazed at how many more she's done. This is a third series of her paintings here. There's a Series 1 and Series 2, and what's more, she sold a painting from each of those posts. That's bonus motivation for me :) 

No automatic alt text available.

Acrylic on Paper

No automatic alt text available.

Waiting by the window - Sold

No automatic alt text available.

Water colour, weather worn face of a daily wage labourer
No automatic alt text available.

Mixed Media on stretched canvas. She told me a whole story in this that's depicted through the little pictures at the base (don't recall the story though)

No automatic alt text available.

Oil on Canvas

No automatic alt text available.

I simply loved this one

No automatic alt text available.

Acrylic on canvas - Sold

No automatic alt text available.

Buddha, with an almost transcendental feel I thought

Image may contain: outdoor

Mirabai, another one of my favorites


A landscape and nature theme after a long time

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Mixed media on canvas - sold

No automatic alt text available.

Oil painting - Sold


Acrylic on canvas - Sold



Image may contain: flower, plant, outdoor and nature

Sujata Pawar, Congratulations on the latest exhibition, and so happy to see the acknowledgement in the press too. I share your joy, and so proud of you pal!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Smitha for doing a post on my paintings again....it's a thrilling feeling ..... the first newspaper is Bangalore addition the other being ofcourse Hubli. This small steps of success is all thanks to ppl who have believed and encourage me all the way ..... you being one of them.
    And last but not least your​ blog has always proven to be lucky for me. So I will keep my fingers crossed this time too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes so true Smitha. She has come a long way. So very proud of my lil sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sujata, it's all fully deserved. Yesterday I was at your dads place and saw one of your first paintings on the wall there, from thirty years back, and saw that while you've come a long long way, your painting even back then had a depth and beauty to it. It's in you girl !
    And yes, you have an order from a friend, but a little into the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am smiling big after reading this blog on my cousin Sujata.
    We have been together since we were kids..and I share a fantastic friendly understanding beyond juat relationship.
    Its her wonderful insight and eye for small details that I admire.
    A artist sees art in almost anything. I remember 2 years back when she visited my Mumbai at churchgate in evening she just froze in her steps shen she saw a cluster of people rushing towards station.she stood n wondered in amazement at the lively environment of human rush.she sipped in the details of that moment in her memory. Later she appreciated the old wooden staircase in one of Mumbai's heritage bldg.
    Artistes are spiritual..and it gives them that inspiration.

    About her paintings I remember pestering her to restart her painting when she had at one time given up painting..I am happy today at all her success.

    Keep painting Keep growing
    inside out...Sujata..

    From Suneel Kumar
    Handwriting & Signature Analyst
    www.handwritingsignature.com

    ReplyDelete