Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Back On Track

I've been in Hyderabad close to a month now, and its been like a period of timelessness. In a very literal sense. Like everything in a 'happening' space. Getting the house going, getting the therapy room going, getting the kitchen going......all in wip kinds.

I keep only one clock in the house, and that one clock hasn't been working since we moved. It was sad because I'd taken extra care. I loved the clock, knew it was a delicate clock, plus it's a much cherished gift, so I actually transported it by car with me, yet it went kaput. 

I'd given up hope. And I'd settled into managing without, I guess I was subconsciously putting off having to replace it with a new one (ofcourse for scheduled stuff I had the clock on my phone)

This morning since we were going to Ameerpet, I thought I'd try my luck so I took the clock along. My dad was like, 'who gets clocks repaired, just buy a new one', but little did he know how I can turn life around for the things that matter to me. 

In between other stuff, I asked around and found a clock repair shop.


This guy spent ten minutes on it, and then says it's done. I was so amazed, as I was standing around thinking he was doing a diagnosis. I was of course super thrilled. 

I ask how much, and he's like, 'it's okay, it wasn't much, you don't have to pay'. I was stumped. In fact I was like, 'no, no, what you've done is a big deal, this clock means much to me, how can that be, tell me how much'

He says 'Ten rupees'. I didn't know how to react. I would have easily paid a hundred, maybe even two hundred, in fact way more too. I'm still amazed, and that's all the explanation I have for it. 


Now, the clock's back on the wall and running, and somewhere I can feel a shift in my very sense of being. Guess time does have some kind of deep influence on us.......in as much of a surreal sense as in the real. I'm suddenly feeling back on track . Guess it's also a deep realization that shifting tracks isn't easy...it's process :)

2 comments:

  1. Awaan Smitha! So blessed to have a friend like you! And truly heart warming to read ur blog. XX00

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Surekha, what a sweet thing to say. Aur yeh 'awaan' kya hotha hai...maori kya?

    ReplyDelete