Friday, May 12, 2017

A Veggie Juice Diet

I heard about this a few months ago, and it kind of piqued my interest, but then I've never really been a diet person (walking and workout was my hard way to fitness and weight check).

It's a little later that I'd made a trip to Hyd and my dad had said 'look at you, you've put on so much weight', and that took me so by surprise (obviously not nice surprise), because I hadn't even realized it. There's times these extra kgs have a way of creeping in on you unnoticed.

That's when I went back to the almost magical sounding claim of this diet 'a friend lost 5 kgs in a week' 'Another lost 10 kgs in twelve days', and whats more, with higher energy and positive impact on skin and health. And this was first hand info.

I had the needed credibility plus the needed impetus, and I decided to give it a shot. And in full earnest as has been philosophy on anything....do with full commitment and surrender, I went and bought a juicer. 

It's been two weeks now.

And yay....it's true guys. I've lost 5 full kgs, and feeling fitter and better...and of course nicer about myself too. One for the weight lost, and one for having actually been able to do it. :)

And the fun part, friends are noticing (and I'm bragging too). Nice to share all the good things in life, so  here it is in all it's glory and detail.

The Veggie Juice Diet (5 days of lots of vegetables and fruits)

When you wake up:
1 cup hot water with lemon and/or ginger 
(optional: add a pinch of cinnamon powder) 

Breakfast: 500 ml 
3-5 Cucumbers
2 Green Apple
1 Bunch Spinach
1 Bunch Coriander
1 Lemon
3-5 cm piece of Ginger

(I've started adding whatever pleases, or at times whatever's in the fridge, including cauliflower and cabbage)


It's a lovely green, herbal flavored drink. Needs no added flavors, no salt, no sugar, no honey, no pepper, no anything. Just this subtle herbal taste.


Mid-morning Snack:
Coconut Water or Veg Soup (I did buttermilk, worked well for Hyd summer)

Lunch: 500 ml
4 Beets
1 Big orange
4 Carrots
2 Lemons
1.5 cups of Grapes/Berries


It looks so pretty after it's all ready, that diksha added in this picture


Diksha typically joins me for one time, so the two glasses. And we've been adding chia seeds and flax seeds into the glass directly. It adds a nice feel, not to speak of plenty of oxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, and more micronutrients.



Mid Afternoon: 500 ml 
3-5 Cucumbers
2 Green Apple
Spinach
Coriander
1 Lemon
3-5 cm piece of Ginger 

Dinner: 500 ml
4 Beets
1 Big orange
4 Carrots
2 Lemons
1.5 cups of Grapes/Berries

This is the juicer I'm using.


Before Sleeping:
1 cup hot water with lemon and/or ginger 
(optional: add a pinch of cinnamon powder) 

We can also add Sweet Potato, Cabbage, Red and Yellow Bel-peppers, Amla, Green Veggies, water melon, Tarbuj, pomegranate, Anar, Grapes etc.

Important thing to remember: 80% Vegetables and 20% Fruits (Fruits are also just for taste. If you can drink raw vegetable juice, avoid fruits to reduce sugar.)

The key here is that the juice has so much nutrient that you don't feel hungry at all. And what's more, you actually have more energy for the day. Also honestly speaking, I'd say I've done it at 80% levels. Haven't given up on my morning cup of coffee (that's a little sacrosanct space :), have also eaten a meal days I've been out,  and so I got there in two weeks instead of one.

This is basically to say, find your comfort level, makes it easier to embrace the shift.

Having been with juicing for a while now, I also figured that having the right kind of juicer is a pretty critical part of the whole project. While I missed out knowing enough there, here's a review that might help. https://www.reviews.com/juicer/

Happy juicing, and all that comes with it !!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect timing and perfect recipe for moi!! :)
    Am sure going to try this Smi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and i still can't quite think I could become one of
    those reading through the important ideas found on your web
    blog. My family and I are seriously thankful for the generosity and for providing me the chance
    to pursue my personal chosen profession path. Thanks for the important information I obtained from your web-site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous, wonderful to read your comment, and so glad it helped. Would be nice to know how you converted this into a 'chance to pursue your personal chosen profession path':)

    Lots of best wishes and good luck to you !!

    ReplyDelete