Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Thaaat part of town.....

Second week into 'going to work', and I'm yet navigating with full dependence on GPS. Added is the fact that I have four different offices in four different locations spread across 'thaaaat part of town ' :)

It's like being in a whole new city, not just in terms of roads and buildings, but just the whole landscape and even culture.  In fact 'that part of town' sounds mild....it's pretty much like being on another planet.

The third building is my office, or atleast one of my offices :)


Everything's brand new ....the roads, the buildings, the trees, the landscaping. It's all swanky.....and green and squeaky clean. To look through my eyes.....I've driven through mountains in the area less than twenty years ago, I'd love doing those long drives on a whim, and those were drives on kuccha roads.....so you get what I mean by 'new and different'.

It's about whether we want to focus on the loss of mountains or on what's been created.

You know the feel you get when you walk into cantonment, anything defense related..... the place, the people, the feel....it's all so different in feel.

The tech world is like that. Abuzz with a whole different energy....very stylized, focused, confident........even the security guys have a gay air about them, just seem more confident and cocky. And that confidence and sense of assurance that everyone carries just feels deep down nice.

It's about whether you want to tune in, it takes a little getting used to. to bring in that sense of belonging, and once you do, it's like entering new portals in life.

The netherlands is the parking. Actually only metaphorically, as in real terms I can't even call it netherlands..... it can be on any floor of the building......B1, B2, P1, P2, 0, 1 , 2, 3, mind boggling. Until you know it (and I still don't) it's an absolute nightmare. Not just finding parking, as much as finding your car after. There was one evening when I spent half an hour just searching for my car (made worse by the fact that my car remote doesn't work). And the fact that it's a building in which your car gets parked one level and then gets lifted to another so you don't even know where to look. There was one security guy who recognized me and more likely the lost look in my eye.....if it weren't for him I might have still been there :)

That said, it's all super exciting. I'm yet so enthralled and enamored by the experience, the newness of the place, the different feel, the driving to and back......even the traffic doesn't seem to bother me at all...and psssst..... at this point, even the counselling seems like the sideline of the experience :)

Some pictures: mostly courtesy Google, as when I'm there I'm too preoccupied to even think pictures.

DLF stands opposite JNIDB, and I think it's one of the first glass structures to come up in the area, and I recall watching it built from scratch. You can just about imagine the size of the parking lot, and you're fully on your own. One security guy when you enter who says "madam, first time hai? gaadi teek se lagaana ma'am, please"

I came back in twenty minutes to ask "bhaiyya, teek chodo, parking nahi milaa", and he's like 'Ma'am, I have some more tokens, there must be atleast five six parking slots left".

I'd entered the gates at 1.45, and I reached my room at 3.05. That tells the story best.


I took a picture of the pillar number where I parked as there was no way I was going to remember this, and trust me, even finding the pillar needed help.


Phonenix Avance felt like a city, it has so many buildings and so many parking spaces that even my gps went nuts.


No, not Cognizant.  But it's so inspiring when I pass it each day......such a beauty, that I just had to add it in.


A feel of the streets....picture courtesy Vishal Fernandes


This ones a view from my room


Well, with a view like that and a coffee machine in the foyer, you know what I'm doing when I'm not counselling :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new endeavor at Cognizant; big name all right! They must have been scrambling to hire you after the interview.LOL!! Been one heck of a May. mail soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sal, lots of nice words there :)
    Yes, I get that May must have been intense for you. Will mail soon too.

    ReplyDelete