Friday, June 7, 2019

Continuing the visa saga

When I wrote about the visas, visas and visas experience, I was sitting pretty with everything in place, several moving pieces, but all moving along.

That was May 24th, and it wasn't until yesterday that I reached one crazy stressful point.  Dhruva is booked to leave on the 9th of June, four days away, and we had no signs of his visa. On the 5th morning, Eid holiday is when I realized he was leaving over the weekend, giving only two clear days with the consulate, and that there's a chance he won't get it. 

By 5th evening I allowed myself to start looking at consequences of not getting it......what kind of rescheduling we would need to do, the loss in terms of logistics, in terms of time, in terms of money.......  and above all that, his disappointment. He'd waited a whole year for it.

Moving onto 6th, I'm in the middle of a session at work, and he sends me a picture. He'd got his visa.

Interesting observation was;

Dhruva was doing a day with old school friends on 5th, and I stayed away from even talking visa, why mar his day was my thinking. Surprise was purely mine, when after he gets the visa, I tell him how stressed I'd been, comparing it to times when I'd come under so much pressure that for all my atheism and rationalization, I'd take off mokku's to help handle the pressure (which I did yet again), and he so softly and calmly says "why so much amma, even I wasn't as stressed"

And I'm left thinking..... guess that's what being a mom is.

No comments:

Post a Comment