Wednesday, June 5, 2019

My inspiring neighbour

I so love this tree. A tree that stands abetting my building, a sight I get up to every morning. 

I was telling a friend that if I came back.....like in another life, a hundred or three hundred years from now, this tree would likely be my anchor point of recognition (peepal trees live for three thousand years see).

Three thousand years.....just that number draws awe.

And this tree, I've seen through so many cycles of fall and growth that it must have seen so many stories. In fact, I have my own story with it.

When I moved to Bangalore, I took a leaf from the tree (no, not as metaphor, like literally a leaf), kept it safe with me through the three years in Bangalore, and not even inside of a book, but on my shelf in visible sight each day, and brought it back with me to Hyd. For all you know, it could be that had something to do with being fortunate enough to have got the same house to rent again....a wish I had articulated before vacating....so, who knows :)

Quite a stretch coincidence, right?

And it is too. Because, a few months before we were to move back to Hyd, when Diksha came to visit a friend in the neighbourhood, she drove past the house, and learnt it had just gotten vacant, so standing on the terrace, she called me with "guess where I am ma?".

I called the owner right away, and he said "if you want it, you'd better call my father quickly...even as we speak he is negotiating with a potential tenant". I did, like right away...and we took the house, even two months before we moved !

Now you know what I mean :)

This years fall cycle: In February...totally bare of leaves. If you look closely you can see a whole lot of birds on it.


Closer view, from the terrace


Couple months later.....as the little leafs started to make an appearance


How it looks now


A picture from below


Well, one of my love stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment