Monday, June 3, 2019

First day at work feeling

Last night, Diksha asked "how are you feeling about starting work again ma?"

And it's only when I had to respond that I saw that I had a mixed bag of feelings. My response went "well, I'm excited, but then, there's also apprehension, nervousness, anticipation...all of those.... omg, I can feel those butterflies"

Guess, all first day feelings.....and looks like whatever age, how many ever jobs....you will still feel all of them. 

As context, after a five year hiatus (which I thought was permanent actually), I'm going back to work, like formal work.  Work I love doing, counselling.....and as a dream come true, it's part time.

Yet, yet the thought of entering those intimidating glass buildings, where even before you start work you are asked for your laptop model and car number for security clearances, for creating those car stickers and chip badges.... is a world I thought I'd left behind.....and there it is, back again.

Back again.....like a long lost friend.....it's like having carpenters humming in my head.

As story goes, this seemed a work of serendipity.

Need to rush....see what I mean by back again ? So the story later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment