Thursday, June 13, 2019

An evening(s) of painting with deech

Last Sunday was a day when both of us were home all day.....a rare rare occurrence. 

A lazy chilled out day, each doing our own thing, likely we met only for lunch. Late evening I found myself drawling out "deech, I'm officially bored". While I thought I was chumma venting, she took it on with "oh wow....that's rare...okay, give me half hour and then pick between rummy and painting .....or maybe even both"

And while plan was both, we started with painting at around 7 ........and at 11 we were both still half done, and hadn't even had dinner :)

It's such a lovely and fulfilling together activity, especially as she seems by default to take the lead when it comes to painting.

I'm like "ayyo, these strokes are so tricky" and she was like "improvise ma, it's your painting"

I'm like "oh god, my cycle tyre looks wobbly" and she looks beyond my cycle tyre to say "woah, when did you get better than me"(I haven't, but just to hear it in that moment when you feel like giving up, well.....)

I'm like "oh oh, i don't have lush green" and she was like "ma, a little sap green, lots of yellow and some white", and I mixed them and was like "wow, just the right kind of lush.......you're like a magician.......how did you even know?"

With that kind of engagement and encouragement, however the painting, the process is massive fun.

In pics:


Part way through. Her's is the pretty window and mine the slowly appearing cycle.


Few days later, I come up from a session to find she's started on another one. That's all it took to make me sit down to complete mine.

That's her new one.....such a deep profound feel it has


This one's my wobbly, and pretty cycle. 


Every experience teaches, true. When Diksha asked what I wanted to paint, I said 'flowers', and then chose this one. End of it, I realized I'd spent like under two hours on the flowers and a full five hours on the cycle. Crazy.

Yet another especially cherished evening captured for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment