Friday, August 4, 2017

Zorro

No points for guessing why he's called Zorro :)


Girija's dog Zorro, never ceases to amaze in his food habits. He's a dog who loves tomatoes and bhendi! And if you think this is because he's from a pure vegetarian household, no....it's inspite of his staple diet being Pedigree and Royal Canine.

We sit for lunch and he will come for his share of sambar rice, and then for thayer saadam (curd rice). His morning snack is tomato. I'm wonder struck each time. In fact he got an extra tomato as I wanted a picture of him with it, but he gobbled it so quick, I only caught him giving me a questioning look.

And another gesture of his...it's so astute and cute. When I am not looking, he'll quietly take away one of my slippers and hide it in his basket. His way of ensuring I can't leave, atleast not without giving him a chance to protest and do drama before I leave. Who needs more to feel wanted, huh?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Smitha for putting the most human member of our family on your blog. Zorro has been a life changer in our family. He has convinced my in laws and my staid parents that it's good to have him on their lap. He loves to listen to Ram play Veena, Raghu on guitar, Raagini on Motorsports. But his most favorite place is kitchen with me and Fridge in the dining area.
    And to list what his favorite food is easier to list his non favorite as in 1. Grapes 2. Cucumber 3. Walnut 4. Brinjal.
    Rest of all vegetables and cereals and Namkeen abd traditional sweets like Ladduu, adirasam, chhedai, chakli he loves.
    Actually should have named him Kumbakarna for love of food and sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...to most human member of the family.

    Having lived with a dog pretty much most of my life, I'll also add an Amen to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful write up about zorro! I am not a dog person, yet I found zorro's expressions awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vimala. And you should see him in conversation with Girija, he seems to imitate her expressions (and you know how animated she can be :)

    ReplyDelete