Monday, August 21, 2017

Black & White Era

Surekha, on your birthday...... what better way to know how long since, and the years and years spent together, than to see that it's been on since the black and white era !

Sitting L to R Jyoti and Surekha, Standing L to R Me and Beena

It's the only picture I have of the four of us, that much more precious.

This I believe must have been in 1982, when we were all of 18. 

I know, more because this was soon after I'd shaved my head over that silly bet I took with one of you girls only. ( must add, not because I lost, which would have still been okay, but because the whole contention was that girls can't carry off a bald look. Can't believe I was that brash and stupid :).

Those were the days when we spent more time in the TT room than in class. I recall days when we did 35 to 40 matches a day, which meant seven to eight hours of TT. Stopped only to gobble lunch. Omg. And Ms.Afzal, our sports ma'am who would almost daily and ever so sweetly ask 'aap bache ko class nahi jaana hai kya?' 

Beena played some deadly backhands there, and you with your spins that we had a hard time taking....and I recall Jyoti getting bored and restless as she didn't play, but guess we bullied her in.

I will stop here with reminiscences of the time. Safer that way....we were otherwise one wild bunch, no one in college or for that matter that whole area who didn't know us I think ;)

So many memories coming flooding in. While I go down nostalgia lane,  you have a lovely birthday pal !!

3 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet gesture Smitha. Our friendship has stood the test of time and has only grown stronger. Feel truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Smitha, where did you dig this out from. And Surekha, may you remain evergreen...the way you are. Happy birthday gal.
    Thanks for walking us down the memory kane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beens...'dig out' is right. So so lovely to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete