Tuesday, August 29, 2017

So easy to get fooled

I received this on a What's App msg


I not just saw it, I showed it to Faizan too, saying look how the area looked when Charminar was being built, and together we ooh..aah'd for a bit.

A day later, I'm at my parents place and the topic came up.  I show it to my brother and he's like "unbelievable that the picture is still doing the rounds. I saw this a couple years back... it's a fake" Within minutes he Googled and showed me evidence. The camera was invented only in the late 1800's. 

Considering how much time gets spent on what's app forwards, it's easy to imagine the collective minutes and ooh aah's that have gone into this fake picture. 

Well...What's app is a part of life, an integral part of life today, And I love it. I love it's ease, it's convenience, it's UI, it's non intrusiveness, and ofcourse the fact that it's free. So no pointing fingers at What's app. Yet, to know a wake up call when you see one. Either stand warned, use discretion...or be okay to getting duped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment