Wednesday, August 2, 2017

An Evening At Rewind

This visit to Bangalore saw me spend an evening at Rewind

Now, pubs are not really my thing, yet when Amit got home (much much later in the night), and asked how it was, and from deep sleep I mumbled 'I loved it Amit, thanks for pushing me to come', both he and I were kind of surprised. 


Guess the experience was less about Mud Road, and more about nostalgia. Rewind is Amit's Pub, a retro music kind of place. I'd been to rewind over six years back when they'd just started, ( we'd done Dhruva's first drink at 18 there).  And then going today when they're closing, for their last music gig, it stood for something deeper.

It contained a whole journey......it was that sentiment which made everything there so beautiful; the packed to capacity crowd, the loud music, the dim lighting, the cocktail in a plastic glass (it was so full they'd run out of glasses), the nigerian who was trying to get fresh, the feel of the place, the palpable pub energy.......all of which are not typical stuff up my alley, yet came together to create such a wonderful experience. 

My vantage point from the bar stool


The interiors are very music themed, and this wall's one of my favorites


Was so crowded, that Amit got behind the counter himself


This pic I got from Google, as I wanted to get in that radio bar counter

                    Image result for rewind bangalore kammanahalli
  
Amit and Swaroop, thanks for that lovely evening. Amit good luck with your latest - Agent Jack's !!!

3 comments:

  1. And then going today when they're closing, for their last music gig,...

    did not understand this part, when the place is being described as packed to capacity and more..

    Is it closing for the day or closing as in closing down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch there. It's been sold, and guess the packed to capacity was all the Rewind loyalists :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you got me curious. Why is it being sold? Maybe over a call!

    ReplyDelete