Sunday, August 6, 2017

On Friendship Day

Commonplace and browbeaten, and so much so that I thought I'd stay away.

Then I get this message from a friend saying, "I wish I could find a different exclusive word for the ship that we both sail on, as the word friendship defines too many a relationship. We will celebrate every day of our time, a time that requires nothing except itself"

Well. it seeped in and evoked a beautiful feeling. Then the realization that by staying away I'm letting the term and it's commonness override it's depth and it's significance where it matters. 

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself… it has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” - C S Lewis 

A beautifully expressed sentiment that so resonates. Was glad to have let the day touch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment