Friday, August 18, 2017

Three Years of Blogging !

A casual conversation (in retrospect not so) with a friend yesterday...and I had two 'ahas' come out of it.

One, a recall kind...the fact that it's been 3 years since I started this journey of blogging. It was in August of 2014 that it began, and what a journey it's been.

And second, and more significant, a more conscious awareness of how deeply it changed my very way of life.

So, here's a little tribute. 

There's a Zen quote: 

"Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water"

What does it mean?

Well, enlightenment doesn't shift you from your home in Hyderabad to a cave in the Himalayas. No. It's that you do the same thing, but you do it from a different space, from a different dimension.

At the cost of sounding cheeky, Blogging has been pretty close. No, not to enlightenment, but to underlying change :)

How? It would seem like it's about thinking a little, articulating a little, writing a little..... on daily basis. Well, it is all of that...and it's also more. And it's not just about the time I sit down to write, or how much I enjoy writing....it's more all pervasive than that.

Almost like a deeper connect into life.

Every single experience just has this subtle, additional layer added to it. There is you as the participant and there is also you as the observer.  A keener eye for detail, a deeper feel for emotion, a finer understanding of story, a sharper observation of the other........anything, and there's an added dimension. A hovering awareness as it's called. And that's pretty much life changing, and that's what this tribute is dedicated to. That fundamental underlying shift.

A shift that enables a one level more enhanced connectedness with life.........and with self. One that's made life that one notch (or several notches) more meaningful. One that I hold cherished and dear today.

While  I'll be happy to say I write for myself, the paradox here is...if I didn't know you were reading, I don't know if I'd be writing. So thanks tons and tons.

I sign off, grateful and glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment