Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The spectrum feel (pun intended)

This weekend....it was around 4 pm, a nice sunny afternoon, and I was engrossed in watching the 'Cosmos - A Space Time Odyssey'.  Even as I was watching an episode on 'the phenomenon of light', it started to rain, suddenly pour in fact.

While I jumped up to check the windows, what came to mind was the timing. It was that time of day when rain can bring out that most beautiful of phenomena...a rainbow. I stood by the balcony, almost waiting for the rainbow. It made me wait but a few minutes.  Even as I watched, it started to appear.

Such an ethereal experience. Something that's across the sky, starts to form right before your eyes....and in under a minute..... in it's full glory......one horizon to the other. 

I stayed watching (except for a message to Dhruva to catch the rainbow :), I stayed with it from formation to dissipation, on the terrace, through the slight drizzle. It's like the fabric of the experience also gets stretched across spectrum, wider, subtler, so much more beautiful.

An experience of the entire spectrum...... of colour...... of time......of space.....and above all 'of feel'.





Also the moment I decided to get myself a better camera phone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment