Sunday, September 8, 2019

The 'Sanam' experience

As fun and enjoyable as it could be.

What I love about Sanam, is that he's one guy who's giving us a wonderful live experience of much loved songs from the yesteryears. He makes true the quote on originality "it's not about where you take from ....it's about where you take it to".

While it's all classics from bollywood, I think I'll remove the word soulful and add in high energy. While the songs are yet the beautiful, deep, romantic and even soulful numbers, the concert set up adds in a lot of it's own feel. The full on concert energy through so many other mediums....the fancy lighting systems, the boom box sound, the super interactive audience, the cuteness of the band, the natural sway and jive to the music...... making it into an overall high energy experience.

Also as one of the sponsors was radio mirchi, the show was introduced by Shadab and Komal, popular radio jockeys, and the audience went gaga even over them...they are after all household names today. I was myself happy to put a face to Shadab :)

The band itself is super cute, Sanam, Venky, Samar and Keshav, a full on chocolate boys boy band, whatever that means...guessing it's because they just look so good together.

I read that they are India's only independent band to cross 6 million you tube subscribers, and I can so see why.

Some of the songs that come to mind from yesterday:

aap ki nazron ne samjha, pyaar ke kaabhil mujhe
tere bina zindagi se koi
hai apna dil to aawara
yeh raat bheeghi bheeghi
mere mehaboob qayaamat hogi
roop tera mastaana
pal pal dil ke paas
yet raate,yeh mausam, nadi ka kinaara

and a few new ones too

ek ladki ko dekha tho aisa lagaa
fakira
ishq bulaava

and a couple of his originals, which were good, but then I didn't know them. The old ones are brilliant because they've pretty much grown on us over the years.

And when they come alive, as they did yesterday.....it's pure magic.

And I must add a couple of cute anecdotes from the pre stage:

Soon as I saw they were coming to Hyd, I knew I wanted to go. I messaged Kiran asking if he wanted to go along. I get back a "Sure, I'll come". Date, time, zone..all that done, I book off tickets... and then I get another message from him  saying "now tell...who's Sanam?"  :)

Another was with Diksha. To her 'what's up' yesterday morning, I tell her "I'm super excited, I'm going for the Sanam concert today....and guess what, I'm taking your advice from last times concert, pre gaming this time". And she's like "good  good...proud of you ma". From adult to adult equation, there are times it seems to actually flip over :)

Rest in pictures:

As we entered, yet from the car.... such a beautiful sky


A swanky auditorium.....Hyderabad's latest I would think. Indoor, massive and great acoustics.


Just before start





Spotlight redefined. On the drummer for his solo piece


The lovely audience, so into it


An audience that's expressive and you see the singers come even more alive...it was beautiful



As we left, one with the poster


and a selfie


 A clip of a video just for feel:


An evening well spent, even if on the feet for four hours at a stretch. And thanks Kiran, for that trust.... for saying a yes without even knowing who Sanam was, it sure brought out a nice smile too :)

And Sanam, you come to Hyderabad again, and I'm coming again !!

No comments:

Post a Comment