Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Other Side of Diksha in Perth

If there are questions on "how's Diksha doing" how's she settling" duh duh duh.....

on the other side are these questions  "did you come back to a sad and lonely house?" "are you finding it tough without her?" "are you still keeping your cook?" "don't you get scared sleeping alone?" "I keep wondering how you manage all alone" 

I find it quite amazing to see how much assumption lies behind these questions. Well meaning, but so defaulted..... so conditioned.

Alone and Lonely - two different things

Missing someone and Being Sad - two different things

Alone and Scared - two different things

Conditioning seems to put these together as pairs, as synonyms. They are so not.

Sure, I miss her, but her being happy there, doing well there, more than makes up....it in fact brings so much joy and depth of fulfillment, that there's hardly any space left for missing.....none in fact. (sure I had a couple of meltdowns, but you surrender to them and it's dealt with :)

And as to being alone, I simply love it......it's in fact quite exhilarating

And lonely?....  how? I have so many people in my life who matter......with who I have deep and authentic relationships. And there's the birds and the flowers....the sun, the moon and the stars.........books and movies......and shows like 'cosmos'.....and my work and my clients. How can that ever even begin to be lonely? (pssst......plus I love my own company too much see :)

And Fear? now that's an interesting one. It was a nice learning for me as well, one that's evolved. Over the years I could see that fear had less and less to do with actual risk, and more and more to do with perceived threat and state of mind.  Less external triggered, and  more internally owned, and once you see that, it's pretty much gone, puffff. 

Guess that answers them all.

No wait, there's the cook. So many folks are surprised that I'd have a cook just for myself. But then, when you think for yourself, you figure what you really want to do with your time and thus with your life, what you'll keep and what you won't. And cooking was not on my list of what I enjoy doing. So you see.

It's about believing you deserve good stuff, about giving yourself permission to enjoy life.....not just at a cognitive level, but deep in, in your very fabric of being......and trust me, the universe conspires to make it happen, in totally customized packages :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeayyyy to all the curious. Hopefully the questioning guys are readers of your blog. Potential questioners, there goes your answers . Memorise and store it for self use 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. sing it!!! :)

    https://thehdrug.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/e3bcb526d5f99a30d0d550dc56c5fabf06730abf7cc0f3f747d8505db0776d1f.gif

    ReplyDelete