Sunday, September 15, 2019

Deech's first month in Perth

I'm myself amazed. I opened drafts today to find this in title there. Apparently something I started a while back and left off. And today it's actually two months since she's been in Perth.

As good a day to do it I guess.

"how is Diksha doing?" "has she settled?" "how's she coping?"

I still get a lot of these questions.

My response is one vague "I think she'd doing alright...seems to have settled quite well.. course is tough... she also does some fun stuff... overall looks good only"

This morning I put together some pictures she's been randomly sending on what's app....and I now start seeing a nice story emerge.  

Yes, she's being pushed to her limits on academics, there's days she'll message late night and say "brrrr, it's 3 degrees, and I still have four more submissions"

then days she'll say "lab today was so stressful ma, I almost died"

"guess what, I got an 18/20 in the ecology quiz"

"I'm going on a field trip, and we're setting up night cameras, I'm so excited"

and today a "guess what ma, I got my first A, and in a discussion where so many friends even got C's and B-'s" , 

Plus there's the days to the beach, days to the city, days strawberry picking, days at the pub. days with alpacas, night trips to the lagoons.........made some wonderful friends.

I believe my response ought to be "she's actually doing very well.... I believe, she's in fact having a ball"

Some of the pictures I put together:


A kangaroo care center she went to


Whenever I ask about what she's been cooking, I'll get a picture


Some really breathtaking vistas....and she does these almost every weekend



they sometimes come across wild kangaroos on their walks


Meal prepping.....making and stocking meals for a few days


Wind speed measuring , as part of learning weather prediction


These Alpacas were brought to the campus one weekend. In fact even as I was talking to Diksha she said "omg ma, they've arrived, in a truck....and they're so incredibly cute, I'm going down to meet them"


Straw berry picking


She made a pentagram with wine bottles for a Friday the 13th party !


An exciting find for her, roti and pickles ....I got that picture with a Yusssss !


Standing by the heater in her warmies (what she calls her slippers ) on a super cold day


With Woojin, who'd become close friend


A different country.... different studying....different experiences......different way of life.

Deech, must say a 'well done'.....on successfully doing the two months with as much commitment and effort and joy and fun as you have, way to go girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! It is such a fantastic picture you have put together..

    ReplyDelete