Saturday, July 6, 2019

The suitcase vibes

I walked into this sight the other day. A big swanky new suitcase that Diksha had got herself, and it was sitting like this, right in the middle of the drawing room when I walked in.

I knew she'd gone suitcase shopping....yet.... yet it triggered so much. And what I found myself telling her was "I think I just got to know how kiwi used to feel when he saw suitcases come down".

We would literally see his eyes glaze over.... tail go down.....body slump......ears flop......and times he'd go and sit inside the suitcase, looking up at us with this completely forlorn expression.......not letting us pack.

I now know the feeling. It was, for that moment, literally like a pit inside the stomach...a hollow. I was prepared for mental vacuum..... this one felt just so physical.

A moment when I had to set aside the cerebral, and surrender to the feeling.


And yesterday I was like "okay deech, time to get to your clothes....... just pull them all out of your cupboards, and maybe first sort into piles of 'to go' and 'not to go".

Who would have thought it could mean literally pull out of the cupboard :)

It was such a sight, that I had to pretty much search for her in that mess (all sly pictures as she won't let me click otherwise )


And look at those piles. One of those cry or laugh moments :)

And she's like "ma, think....now each time you see the room clean, you're going to miss the mess "


She's right.....guess I will miss the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment