Saturday, July 27, 2019

Miscy potions ....from Perth

In case you remember, 'miscy' is short for miscellaneous......just a few random experiences and thoughts from a trip, that somehow didn't fit into the regular flow of posts.

Considering how these posts become chronicles of a trip that enable revisits and reminiscences, I quite like capturing them as well.

So here's some miscy potions:

It's quite amazing how 'self help' Singapore airport is. When we landed, there's no on-flight announcement on what transiting passengers do, nor any ground staff to guide you. You're pretty much on your own.

All you know is your flight number from Singapore to Perth. Singapore airport has three terminals. You check the digital display boards for which terminal you are on .....use sign boards to figure where the train stops....take the train to the said terminal...... check out the boards again for which gate.....and get yourself there. All in under forty five minutes, as the flight in was delayed and a layover of 1.5 hours had become forty five minutes. 

One mistake, or one loitering around, and you'd be done for. Quite quite stressful. And if you can't read, I can't even imagine what it could be like.


Forget the shops, I could have loitered over just these hand wash basins. They are flat. Can you imagine. I don't even know if we can call them basins in fact. At first I was almost scared to use them....my mind wouldn't get around to flat basins. I left that tap on just to get this picture :)


In Perth....was a pretty pink sky moment


Any road sides are like this, so nature based, not even landscaped nature, just natural trees


Back to my home in Perth.

There was this time I actually asked Diksha "why is it that our sky's back home don't look like this?". And while I wondered if I was being biased, I realized I wasn't when I got Girija's message  after seeing the pictures, and I know she's just way more observant than I am "how come even their sky's look so beautiful" (and from one trip to Australia she'd said "arre, even their garbage guys are so handsome man" :)

I don't know about the garbage guy, but about the sky I figured it must be the no pollution atmosphere that gives it that clarified crystal clear air that makes the difference. It's like HD for real :)

Had to get the contrast in sky. Use as center that palm tree on the right and you'll see what I mean.




All five days had been so functional full, that I hadn't even bought myself a souvenir. I wanted one. Each piece in my drawing room tells a story, and how could I not have the Perth story.

So I'm looking in the airport. This really sweet lady asks me what I'm looking for, I tell her, can't find anything and leave. To my utter surprise she finds me a few minutes later, a few stores down, with these two thingys that came close enough in her opinion. She thought for me see.

I have pictures as I'd sent them to Diksha to ask which....it's after all the beginning of her story as well.


I picked the kangaroo in the fur coat; it would remind me not just of my trip, but also the niceness of the people....plus it brings to mind my winter experience in Perth, with a warm and cozy feel :)

2 comments:

  1. The garbage man appeal was because it was my first trip abroad and mind was bedazzled with so many gora hunks. Must have been my youth.
    But now it's eyes for being taken in by beautiful nature and not handsome kachara Wala,I guess.

    ReplyDelete