Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Dhruva's trip - Continued

While Dhruva's calls give me snippets, the pictures from Girija give such a 'feel' of the experience.

When he got back from Italy last year, I realized it had been such a deep and intense experience that not much else can easily match up. Three whole months, 24 *7, with a bunch of like minded people from across the world, and the bonding and experience is by far extreme.

This time round he said there were about seventy people so far, and also mentioned that the quality felt upped....that they had some really good film makers and artists, and it was being a great learning experience all over again. First week he made a film, and second one he chose to help out on another film.

Apparently there's a heat wave in Europe and he said "it's crazy levels of heat, nothing like he's ever experienced in India ( infact my mom, from reading the newspapers said, maybe you should ask him to come back......if moms are soft, guess grandmoms are even more so :). 

He's currently at Cerveteri, a town close to Rome, giving him an opportunity he's been waiting for. He's taking the day off to go see Rome. Guess the mom in me came up quick, cause I was like "have somebody you're going with?" And he's like "just me, amma". And then that same mom me feels "so glad he has it in him to do that" :)

Some pictures ...all courtesy Girija.

Cerveteri


Their group


The bus....and dhruva to the right there


So quaint


Their stay is in these large spaces in schools or gyms....sleeping bags and space to plonk them down.


That's a cute selfie


The town people watching their movies


Dhruva with Franco Rina, the brain and force behind Cinemadamare


Girija, can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for these pictures. It enables not just me, but rest of family, and friends to get a peep o into the trip.... and finally I'm sure Dhruva himself too when he's back, as he takes no pictures. 

When I asked him he said "I'll try amma, but I either experience it, or take pictures.....no time for both, and guess my choice is the experience " :)

1 comment: