Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The overdose continues...

I'm now feeling it's not really overdose.....she's after all leaving, really leaving....like leaving leaving, in four days....nothing about that can be overdose.

Here's picture story of the next phase deech:

Ooty or Kodai...we did those almost on a whim... drive off from Bangalore whenever we felt like it.

Love that expression of yours.....so super cute . I was sitting back and having you do all the pedalling see.

Actually, reminds me of how I'd call you ctd (cute tasmanian devil)...as they are known to create a ruckus and you can too you know.....you can be such a strong willed brat at times (and btw that nickname came from our trip to Australia when you were four :)


This one was at Kochi, and I had to put this in, as that figurine I'm holding is what you wanted, and is even now sitting in your room as your paint brush holder no.


At Chennai, when we went to get your first US visa....and both of you went on a two month trip with your ammamma and thatha.

I'll never forget that one night when you called, and were uncontrollable.....you cried, yelled, pleaded..... saying "I want to come back, do something, now amma, now...no, I won't listen....I want to come back now....send me a ticket....now, now, now". It broke my heart and I cried myself to sleep that night. (I was figuring how to have you come back alone, until ammamma called saying you were fine....and we later learnt you'd gotten that mad as nammu aunty hadn't let you eat a whole box of pringles.....see why the ctd  :)


Just love the stillness and colour scheme of this picture...but it does look like both of us were in a some kind of partnered sulk


On a houseboat at Allepey.....a beautiful trip.....we spent all day long on the roof of the boat, quite apparent from our fully sunburnt faces.


A movie evening


around thirteen maybe, that awkward difficult smile with braces


Your fifteenth birthday


A svelte sixteen.......and omg, I can't believe I'd gotten that fat


At ammamma thatha's place


On a tirupathi climb. All four of us climbed that one time, soon after your tenth (and anna's twelfth)


Your seventeenth diwali


Your first......and last time, in a half sari...at amulu athaa's wedding


Bangalore ,,,...the home we both so loved and enjoyed.

Never too old to sit on the lap........not even now. I love those times when, just by the way you walk towards me,  that twinkle in the eye, I'll quickly clear out my laptop or book or whatever's on me, as I know you're going to come and plonk yourself on my lap, notwithstanding whatever I'm doing :)


At kovalam, when I believe we had our first serious adult to adult conversation


All of eighteen, and you got Bruce.....I recall during this pooja, you saying "I think I know what a mom feels like during her baby's naamakaranam"


That's literally your journey of growing up .....from a baby to an adult.

And this one I actually stayed on course and got pictures of just the two of us, and seemed fair because this also evolved into our story....somewhere along here is where we made that transition from 'parent-child' to  'adult-adult'.

And deech, while I'm all set as a parent to let you fly, I'm never going to live down losing your company as friend.

2 comments:

  1. So poignant
    Overdose kills
    But this overdose
    Brings to us Life
    Thank you Smitha for this
    Sharing of your box of emotions with all of us 💙💌💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girija...that's so sweetly and cutely said.

    I don't know how you put all those icons there..if I could I'd too put a little heart here alongside this smile :)

    ReplyDelete