Tuesday, July 2, 2019

An unusual experience

Yesterday I found myself in an unusual spot.

Likely came out of it being a 1st, and preceded by a weekend.....net net my schedule hadn't been circulated at Cognizant. This resulted in a no clients - no security clearances situation. I found myself in this room, with just myself. When I say 'just myself', I'm not exaggerating.....it was a no clients...no book, no phone, no paper, no pen.......they wouldn't let me take my bag in see. 

Not even coffee.....as they have a 'bring your own cup' policy, and my cup was in my bag.

Four hours of me and myself. The room didn't even have a window.

What's interesting is that we don't realize how rarely in life we find ourselves in situations such as this, with just ourselves and zero external stimulus. Like zero, zilch.

I was quite concerned.....four hours seemed long. While I initially thought it would be really difficult and that time would stand still, I surprised myself. 

While the first hour was part fidgety and part meditative (actually meditated:), I quite zoned in (pun intended) to the rest of it.......it's in essence all about how much you can enjoy your own company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment