Sunday, July 21, 2019

Day 2 at Perth

Was an exploratory kind of day.

And I figured, even more, that I had a gutsy daughter. Even Day 1, the day we reached, she said she wanted to go back to her room. So after Jaya and Co dropped us off at the Air bnb, we kind of chilled for a couple of hours and late evening she found her way back by herself. I wouldn't have.

Next morning she did her first orientation session and then took the bus to my place. Her first misadventure. She got off at the wrong stop and had to use gps to find her way through a long walk.

Actually second misadventure; previous night she got to her room to find that she hadn't yet picked up the bed linen, and it was late and they were closed. Imagine no bedsheet or quilt or pillow in that cold. Next day I'm asking her how she managed, and she says "improv ma....you'll get it when you see my room " :)

Some pictures of the day:

Our bus turning in. Here buses don't stop on their own, you need to hail them down, as there's hardly anybody at the bus stops. The max I've seen in about six people on a bus. It's all cars, in fact hardly any two wheelers even...exception being the rare Harley Davidsons.


That's the view opposite side of the bus stop. And behind is the ocean. The fourth house down that street was my air bnb, 15 Ancilla street.


That's from the bus :)


While most streets are pretty much empty, the busiest crossings at peak times can look like this


The Joondalup complex. This housed all our needs....the bank, the mobile service provider, a whole bunch of eateries and all kinds of shopping.....clothes or shoes or groceries or whatever.


Inside: don't ask why I'd take a picture of fresh fruit....but I did :)


'The Jundaloop Butcher'......Diksha's like "that looks like an old timey horror myth or story or something about this place" 


Diksha got all excited seeing the Vinyls (in my days they were called records)


She got so lost in there...in fact I had to drag her out saying "you don't have a gramaphone no" and she's like "so? they still have so much of the music I like"


I was blown seeing that they yet sold so much greeting cards...again reminding me of our college days....so quaint and interesting.


Diksha trying out some funky unicorn chappals.....she thankfully decided not to buy, though she did buy some super cute fur chappals and even christened them 'warmies'.


Walking to Harvey Norman. I've never seen that much furniture on display before. No, not furniture, we went to buy a laptop :)


Harvey Norman's....by six pm the parking lots start to empty out


When I got back, to my Perth home....... the sky looked like this


Next day we would start with the list of things to be done; as today was just recce and she was going to spend next morning getting her student ID which was pre-requisite for almost anything...bank account, phone..all that serious stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment