Thursday, September 4, 2014

Morning walks in Lalbagh

When I made the decision of moving from Hyd, I was afraid that one thing I’d really miss,  were my early morning walks in KBR Park…..….and you can imagine how pleased I was when I discovered that the house I’d picked was walking distance from Lalbagh. Lalbagh is a really old botanical garden in the heart of Bangalore, and it’s beautiful.  I’m awestruck, almost daily, by the size of some of the trees in the park; some of them must be easily over a hundred years old.  And further amazed to see the varied kinds of wild birds in the lake;  there are even exotic birds like Pelicans and Painted storks that nest in the lake. I guess pictures, even if from my phone camera, will speak better:
Painted storks fishing
Snake birds enjoying a stretch
A dog that loves his view
So imposing and solid....reminds me of Kahlil Gibran

Pelicans - I'd seen them only in picture books before this

Ducks ..they're so cute

                                        

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are encouraging me to go to Lalbagh next time I'm in B'lore. It's just 1km from our Apartment in Bangalore but never been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man has wanted to look beyond,wanted to expand himself and all that we call progress, evolution, has been always measured by that one search,the search for human destiny, the search for God.Spiritual Healer in india|Pranic Healing in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete