Friday, September 5, 2014

Teacher's day

When the kids were in school, the day would be about buying roses, making cards, sending messages; but now I didn’t even know it was teacher’s day, so I owe a thanks to a friend for starting my day with a message that touched the heart…... It read: ‘Happy teachers’ day. Thank you for teaching me much’. There was a lesson in that for sure..... to become aware and say thanks where you feel it.

Yes, it’s a day to overtly acknowledge your teachers; no not just from school or college but from generally around. It would be a nice exercise to spend some time today thinking of who you have learnt from, send out the thanks and maybe even to articulate for yourself what those learnings might be.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Teachers Day to you Smitha! I've learnt a great lot from you during breakfast conversations, thank you for being a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow pavithra, you seem to have done en masse comments; very nice, loved it. And I totally see why you connected with the handling difficult conversations piece :)
    We can do a-la breakfast conversations over an early morning walk in lalbagh..looking forward !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
    I'm not sure iff this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post tto let you know.

    Thhe style and desibn look great though! Hope you get the problem
    fixed soon. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete