Friday, July 14, 2017

What The Harry Potter Series Did

That we still see press on Harry Potter, that Dhruva can still watch reruns of Harry Potter, that he will still dust and clean and keep the books with care....they all say something huge about Harry Potter.

Image result for harry potter

Guess it's aptly put by Oprah Winfrey “The greatest thing Harry Potter has given the world, is the freedom to use our imagination” 

Thanks to dhruva, I've myself watched reruns multiple times, and with my usual habit of writing stuff down, I found a bunch of notes from it the other day. It's after all so true that there's nothing you can't learn from.

From  Aldus Dumbledore, an accepted source of wisdom:

"It is our choices Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

"Dark and Difficult times lie ahead. Soon, we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy"

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"

"To a well organized mind, death is but the next adventure"

“Words are in my not-so-humble opinion, the most inexhaustible form of magic we have, capable both of inflicting injury and remedying it.”

One from Sirius Black

“If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals” 

One from Hermione

I love the courage and gumption of Hermione and this one when she's letting it all out to Ron who she's in a relationship with, brought out the smile

"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have " 

One from Severus Snape

He's a favorite, but frankly he became one more because he's Dhruva's favourite I think, He was Dhruva's favourite right from the beginning, and I'd wonder at why or how Dhruva could like such an ambiguous and gray character (showed me I was more judgmental than I thought) 

Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and found his eyes were full of tears.

Dumbledore: "After all this time?"

"Always," said Snape.

No comments:

Post a Comment