Saturday, July 1, 2017

Flag Off

Diksha's on yet another road trip to Bangalore, and this time round with friends.

At 4 in the morning, spot on schedule.


When she first came up with the idea, it didn't get much buy in from anyone, for apparent reasons I guess. And then she slowly but surely worked on all spaces she needed permissions from. Inspite of opposition from almost every quarter, she kept at it relentlessly. She used irrefutable rationality and logic. Even to risk on highway, she was like, "when amma and I can drive by ourselves, how is me with two other guys more risky". 

At times she'd almost give up, be saddened, despondent, and then she'd start all over again. Her friends who were on the plan ( Mayur and Harin, her new Fubar friends) dropped out one day when she gave up on the car, and decided to take a bus. 

In fact at one point I remember I was telling her "Diksha, learn to listen ma, when it's such a clear no, why don't you let go" and she's like "ma, it was you who taught me that if I really really want something, and it matters to me, I need to keep at it.....how is this different"

She used all possible resources available, including me and her brother. At some point we found ourselves appealing on her behalf.

Then slowly the tides turned.

Once she'd got her go ahead, she started on the car. Spent a whole day at the Ford service station. Hose pipes, coolent, oils, wipers.....she even got new tyres. She literally spent the day there, ate chips for lunch and dozed at their table for two hours she said, as they worked, cause she didn't want to risk it not getting done. And when she got home finally, she had this excited, dreamy look and she's like "Bruce looks so lovely ma, with his new tyres and all"

And today she's on her drive.

I didn't even need to wake her up, in fact I don't think she slept even, that was the adrenaline levels. She was up at 3.30, showered, packed, set....and she woke me up to say bye. In fact she was so excited, she didn't even resist the pictures :)


Mayur and her all set for the flag off. They were to pick up Harin on the way. If I get a picture from them I'll add.


Deech, way to go girl, enjoy the drive and Bangalore !!

No comments:

Post a Comment