Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Musings - How Influence Happens

Yesterday Diksha narrated an incident saying "something cute happened last evening ma"
She walked into Fubar, and there were these two guys there who looked familiar. One of those where 'you know you know them but don't know who, and you can tell they know you but don't know who ' kinds.   
In a bit they got talking and then this guy says "Aah....Diksha, now I remember. years back, in school, 9th class, we were all getting a drop in one car. I'd thrown a paper out of the car window and you were the girl, you made me get off and pick it up". 
Diksha was apparently listening surprised, and he goes on "well, and you should know, since then I have never thrown a paper out, and each time I even see someone do it, I think of you"
She was so amazed......amazed by how that one gesture had influenced him for life.

To me it so beautifully brought out 'Be the change you wish to see in the world'

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting 1/12th of my story too Smitha:) Your blog with Thomas's speech transcript sums up everything we have experienced this past one year. Keep smiling and keep writing. Both comes naturally to you.

    ReplyDelete