Friday, February 1, 2019

This day - 7 years ago

One of those times that the Google 'rediscover the day' took me back....


back to a family get together from 7 years back. Today, ammammaa is no more...... nor is the house in which this took place. Both gone.

How much more precious are the memories.....

So grateful to Google.....for enabling these moments.. to rekindle and relive cherished experiences.

When I received this in my inbox Shobha was here, in my kitchen, busy cooking ....so I showed her the picture, and told her about 'rediscover the day'. She and Upendra have lived in kamlesh aunty's house for longer than anyone in the family ...... watchman, maali, cook, driver, caretaker, confidante, companion........they were just everything there for all of twenty five years.  

Shobha looking at the pictures this morning, and she took it to a whole different level of worthwhile.


She had her own treasure of memories .....

"here was the sapota tree, and there the pomegranate tree, here the hens coop, one of those hens would follow me everywhere...... here the mandaara....."

"that day ammamma wanted to wear a saree......then we searched for her favourite housecoat....you liked my aapams...."

"you remember the snake that almost went over your leg? (like I could forget, it was a massive cobra, and when I all freaked out ran to Shobha, she'd said "oh yes, he comes quite regularly, it's ok :)"

"diksha would give kutti a bath here .....that day I had made dum biryani and pooris....... " 

and that conversation went on and on......over two hours....through so much laughter and joy.

Some more pictures from the day:

Janardhan Uncle, Diksha and Samhitha


Three stalwart uncles..... Ramu uncle who was Chief of Indian Navy, Bubu uncle Wing Commander in the Indian Airforce, and Janardhan uncle a cancer researcher and Professor at John Hopkins University (or Northwestern , I'm forgetting). Well, the picture spoke :)


Another family pic, with ammammaa in place of honor (and me next to her :)


And I had to add, Kutty and Rani.....what a riot pair they were, Rani's tail was kutty's favorite plaything, as you can see :)


Two hours of a wonderful wonderful reminiscence .....

No comments:

Post a Comment