Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A Whacky Meet

This happened at the Mithai music launch, and was such an absolute surprise. This is a chance meet with Bhushan, who seems to have quite the whacky character in the film.


Once the launch was done, we're just chilling, then we get introduced to Bhushan. He looks at me and says "I know that face". After a couple minutes again "I know that face" ...and I can only smile.

In a little while he comes alongside and says "I definitely know you, come on Smitha, give me your line up". I start with central university, ramkote, rosary....no clues.....he says "my mother is Manjula Kalyan", and then my turn "is she by any chance associated with AMS... does Indira Katari or Sukrutha strike a gong?"

And he goes ....omg, that's it.....and within minutes he was like "how's nandita, and harshitha, and sheelu and samhitha, and bubu uncle and sagari .......and that list just went on and on".  

And then the stories started, of stuff done, how thick it was,  and he had such an amazing memory that soon Praveen and I could join into the recall, and it was then on stories and more stories. He not just knew cousins, but knew cousins boyfriends, movie escapades....just every itsy bitsy detail.

One cute story: "that man from Dunlop, what was his name he was something else really", and Swaroop's like "Sethu aunty's husband?" "yes him, what's his name" and Swaroop goes "Dunlop uncle?" :)

Praveen : "was it your dad who was called lebbe, (cause he said 'let be' to just about anything?)" "yes man, god bless him, he's no more, but that's him alright"

At one point Dhruva was like "wait, are you family or family friend?". And Bhushan was like "you see Dhruva, there is family, and there are friends, but this family was way more than friend, they have become family... likely more, they were like my inner most circle"

Bhushan is now a Tamil cinema director and more recently has forayed into acting, and again when Dhruva was like "so are you a Director or an Actor?" he's like "well, why can't I have a wife and a girl friend? Directing was what I got into seriously, but acting has always been my thing, right from school I'd want to be on stage, and everywhere I got a chance I'd go say 'select meeee', and so now I have it see "

Praveen, Bhushan and me:


It was quite the amazing thing, and so much fun.......till next time Bhushan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment