Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sridevi - A little tribute

It's strange, but the news of Sridevi's death has touched a personal space deep within. It almost felt like losing someone I know, a friend who lived afar, the resonance felt that deep.


She feels like someone I've grown up with....like having been part of that journey..... movies which were bold, funny, thought provoking.......and above all else spontaneous. 

Some of my favourites which come to mind are Lamhe, Chaalbaaz, Kshana Kshanam, each of which I've seen more than once. 

There's a certain naivety, energy and spontaneity to her which even on screen made her so real....real enough to touch from so far.

May her soul rest in peace.

3 comments:

  1. So true. It was as if someone you know closely has passed away. See the impact she has left on us by her acting alone. People who know her personally must be suffering more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amrita, was touched to also see your whats app msg saying "when I came to Hyderabad, I didn't know her. One day you invited me to see kshana kshanam, my first telugu movie. We both enjoyed it so much at your red hills residence. Sridevi and Venkatesh. And the beautiful songs" .
    What a lovely memory to recall today :)

    ReplyDelete