Monday, February 5, 2018

Learning is so continuous...

A humbling, yet uplifting story right from my kitchen.

Diksha walked in for her lunch and found me toasting bread on the tavva. She noticed the plate with bowls of milk and sugar, and asked "you not well, ma?" (that's our staple unwell time spread).

I was like, "No, it's not for me, it's for Faizan, she's feeling unwell".

I saw the look in Diksha's eyes.....but before I could feel good about it (appreciative one...for doing the exact same thing I'd do for her or me, when unwell), I heard something that grounded me well and proper.

Diksha was eating by then, and I'd given Faizan the plate of 'wellness' and said "चेयर लेलो या मोड़ा लेलो , जो भी" (take a chair, or moda, whichever), and Diksha, very gently, says "why moda or chair ma, why not at the table?". 

Deech, humbled, and proud, in the same moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment