Wednesday, August 10, 2016

It's So Easy

'It's So Easy - When You Know How' by Harry Moses; This was a book I picked up with some hesitation and apprehension, essentially because I'd never heard of it, never heard of the author, was not a bestseller, no one had recommended it......that said, I'm glad I did.

                                             It's So Easy When You Know How

He talks of some deep and complex concepts with a simplicity and ease that's quite charming. It's a book "about long term happiness, about understanding ourselves and becoming comfortable in our own body, on this planet and in the universe".

Goethe said "....the most difficult thing is to turn your thoughts into actions". Harry challenges that concept and suggests that the most difficult thing is figuring out what you want. He states that as we look more deeply into this concept, we discover that it is the mechanism of choice that is the starting point for all activity. The level of confidence in our ability to make a choice and the conviction in the choice we make, seems to dictate the degree of impact our decisions may have on our own lives or the lives of others.

More than a review, I'm putting here some lines from the book which I took down....it's a childhood habit.........as I read, I write down lines I like, not because I'll ever reread, but because it just deepens the connect I guess.

Thoughts are more than things..they are the cause of things

My perception of possibilities determines my possibilities

Change is inevitable, growth is optional

We pose an interesting enigma to life when we want things to be different and we don't want anything to change

The only God you will ever know is knocking at the door of your own consciousness.....

It is a curious thing that to the degree you withhold energy, you no longer have that energy

Forgiveness is always something that you do to yourself

There is a definite correlation between one's attitude of expectation and one's experience. The tone of the events in my life follow the pattern of my own expectation.

Man is not what he thinks he is, but he is what he thinks

No comments:

Post a Comment