Friday, August 23, 2019

The 'feel' of rain

If it was the wind in the morning, it was the rain at night.

I was woken up from deep sleep by the wonderful sound of pouring rain. I lay in bed for a while, just listening. I knew all my windows were shut, yet I had to get up......even if just to stand in the balcony and look at it rain.

It was such a lovely time of night. Not a single other noise, definitely no man made noises to disrupt, just the listening and seeing of rain....and feeling too, as I put out my hand out to it.  I could almost immerse myself into the experience. 

If I could look in, I felt I'd see my heart smiling.

The pictures captures only the rain under the lampposts....but guess the mind can now conjure up the entire feel



It's that moment when you feel totally in sync.......not just 'within', with your body, your mind, your soul.... also with the 'without', the rain, the earth, the universe. 

It's a feeling of complete connectedness.

And strangely enough, yesterday I experienced an episode of synchronicity, a concept I've been sitting on for a post for over a week now, it's actually been sitting in title with nothing written. This morning I thought I'd get there, but guess I'll leave this one at a 'feel' level, and perhaps tomorrow I'll actually grow that post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment