Wednesday, August 21, 2019

How energies shift.....

This visit to B'lore was full to brim.

One of those times when time seems to expand to accommodate all that you want to do. It was a new experience to me. I've been to Bangalore so so many times since I moved, and this time was different.

Something in the air seemed different. I got wonderful time with family, got so much work accomplished, in fact also mission accomplished.....and did so much more. Met each of my friends.... just four days, six different cafes, all different experiences. And what's more I had one new fantastical, ethereal experience too.

Met this fascinating couple, almost serendipitously, and they took me on one surreal journey....through an aura reading that blew me.

While I could write a book on that experience, what I'll actually settle for is an anecdote with an auto guy :)

One evening, done meeting Shree at this super cute place called 'writers cafe', high on cold coffee and lovely time, I decide to auto rather than cab, as home was ten minutes away:

Chaloge?

Kahaan?

Kasturi nagar

Kasturi nagar kahaan?

Railway line ke paas, 1st main

Chaliye

(I get in and settle down, and he starts the auto)

Then says "under pass se jaana padegaa?"

Me: haan, shaayad

Auto guy: hum under pass se nahi jaayega

Me: arre, aise kaise

Auto guy: nahi jaayaga, aap doosra auto lelo

Me: No, you take me, or you should have told me before I got in....let's go, we'll find another way. 

Auto guy (becoming more adamant): No madam, hum nahi jaayenge

Me (guess also becoming more adamant) : aap ko chalna padega, I'm not getting off

Neither of us was in a mood to let off. He turned off his auto and I settled into the auto.

Arguments, threats and appeals done, guess he was more sensible...we set off.

A couple of minutes into ride, I was like :

"why won't you go under an underpass, what's the issue?"

"what's your name" "where are you from"

and we got talking...like really talking......  about his family, about his pahadi life....and more significantly about his fear, how it can itself impact.......nice comfortable space. The energy had shifted from acrimonious to friendly in under two minutes.

We reach home, and I pay him ....to hear:

"bahuth thanks madam....achha lagaa......aur aap thoda sambhaal ke chaliyegaa.... aap kahin bhi jaate ho.... kuch bhi bholthe ho......kissi se bhi baath karthe ho". And thus it was that I in turn got my piece of advice from him, making me smile all the way to the door and beyond :)

No comments:

Post a Comment