Friday, August 2, 2019

"Owl ma..... not Eagle"

Diksha's words keep coming back to me.......this one even inspiring a post.

It was the day of the passport fiasco......peak stressful situation, and as she's heading back home to get her passport, I'm giving instructions:

"Deech, it's in the narnia cupboard.....the draw on the right. The draw is unlocked but the cupboard is locked........... listen carefully..... the key is in my room, my miscy shelf, right side of the top most draw, the white eagle keychain......

and she's like "owl ma, owl.....not eagle, in fact Hedwig, not even just owl".


That keychain is from Dhruva's keychain collection (he had quite a collection when in class four ), a keychain of Harry Potter's owl that he'd gifted me back then, and I have continued to use since.

This reminiscence brought such a deep sense of joy..... one part nostalgic from Dhruva and one part quirky smirky from Diksha......and I'm thinking 'how does one miss them when they're always with you'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment