Friday, August 30, 2019

Staying at Dad's

With mom away on a four day trip to Kolkata, I've been staying with dad.

It's been three days now, and what's amazing is that within two days, atleast four times I've found myself thinking "ahaa......now that's worth a post". 

So here's the first.

Day 1: I'm up early, open the front door ........and find this cat sitting there, right on the foot mat.  He's pitch black, green eyes.......mewing loud and clear....he wants his food.

I hadn't even had my coffee, and I'm not one to take kindly to my morning coffee getting disturbed. But no, this chappie was clearer than me. 

Concerned that he would wake up daddy, I had to set coffee aside and first go about giving him his milk and his whiskas.

Yes, they have a supply.

After their own cat, Kitty, passed away last year, quite amazingly these two random stray cats have adopted them. It's amazing because my parents live on the 5th floor. To think these two cats knew who they were, where they lived, knew they would be accepted, could find their house five flights up, and slowly make it practice. Wow. 

Some pictures:



That's both of them, and while they don't seem to much like each other, they also don't bother each other.


That's blacky settled down for a nap after his food, in their little garden. And at the far end, mom's created this little arty corner which I really like, so adding that in as well :)



A totally chance factor, these two cats finding their way here, slowly becoming part of their lives......and they add so much love and warmth to their daily lives, that I'm not only just glad or grateful but almost in awe at how it came about so naturally. The simply lovely stuff about life !

No comments:

Post a Comment