Sunday, August 4, 2019

So small.....yet so meaningful

From this book I'm reading came this line:

"As they say, life is a journey not a destination. Sadly, when you go along the journey with your eyes closed, you arrive at the destination empty handed".

Eyes open, we get to pick up these little things..... the little things that you capture and collect into your repertoire....like the most wonderous back pack collection. A metaphorical back pack..... what we store away in memory, and I personally, in my diary and in this blog as well :)

An anecdote in instance:

Each time I visit my parents, it starts and ends with a little kiss. Last week when I entered, dad was sitting in the balcony..... the hello and the kiss done, I came back and settled into my favourite chair.

He calls me back. Says "bend down". I do. And I get a nice proper kiss planted on my cheek. I'm looking incredulous as he says "It's always you who comes and kisses me, and I never get a chance to kiss you back"

Since then, I kiss and then wait.

Daddy, I can't even tell you how touching that was....and how much more beautiful you've made that moment each time now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment