Friday, January 11, 2019

When you know your children have grown beyond you

If there's one practice I'm glad to have developed, it's of how much I consult with Dhruva and Diksha. 

It's my 'pause for perspective' .... 'push those thoughts' time

Especially in spaces containing ambiguity or moral dilemma, be it within my circle of experience, or one witnessed from the outside, I will flesh it out with them. I've always loved to push thought...... get to the deeper 'whys'......enable connect into ones own beliefs, and many a time in process call out the conditioned responses and false assumptions.

And today, it's at one time annoying, and exhilarating when I see them use it on me.....call out my assumptions or quirks in behaviour. Especially if I'll try and defend, they will point out quite precisely where I'm being the hypocrite. 

Precious moments of learning and joy.

The deep joy you experience each time you get occasion to witness such clarity of thought. Especially when you see it articulated to the T.

One such recent moment was when Diksha helped me make a difficult decision, and in process had messaged me these few lines, which I thought were quote worthy:

"Some people are not strong enough to ask for help ma, but I'm sure they are glad when they get it"

Take a bow girl....it's times like this that make parenting even more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment