Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Books and Movies '2018

On movies and books ....it's been, I guess a decent 32 on movies, and a low 12 on books. That's quite obviously judged by my yardstick.

And funnily, I don't really know what my yardstick is. So much for how easily we judge :)

My List of Movies:
  1. The Hours
  2. Tumhari Sulu
  3. Tamasha
  4. Home Again
  5. Revolutionary Road
  6. La La Land
  7. As Good As It Gets
  8. Padmaavat
  9. October
  10. Tangled
  11. Enough Said
  12. Call me by your name
  13. My Dinner With Andre
  14. Princess Mononoke
  15. Dr Morsten & Wonder Woman
  16. 28 days
  17. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
  18. Annamayya
  19. Sagara Sangamam
  20. Secret Superstar
  21. Karwaan
  22. Mahanati
  23. Tumbbad
  24. Beauty and The Beast
  25. Before We Go
  26. Bucket List
  27. Bohemian Rhapsody
  28. Dhadak
  29. Grandma
  30. The Perfect Match
  31. Nothing to Hide
  32. Roma
I'm kind of super picky about my movies ( read as slow, meaningful, romantic, thought provoking.......and with a super low threshold of violence), so my list is kind of skewed in the direction. And I'd find it hard to pick favourites, as I'm typically watching only what I think I'll like, and even walking out of theatres half way through if I don't like :)

Yet, if I had to pick top favourites, it would be La La Land, Mahanati, Tumbbad, Bohemian Rhapsody and Nothing to Hide.

My list of Books:
  1. Falling in love again - Ruskin Bond
  2. The Vine of Desire - Chitra Divakaruni
  3. Lost in Time - Namita Gokhale
  4. Maharani - Ruskin Bond
  5. Flow - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
  6. Original Wisdom - Robert Wolff
  7. I'm Ok - You're OK - Harris
  8. For one more day - Mitch Album
  9. Palace of Illusions - Chitra Divakaruni
  10. Men are from Mars Women are from Venus - A reread
  11. Tao of leadership - John Heider
  12. How Proust can change your life - Alain De Botton
While the list is short, I've completely loved each of those reads.

Ruskin Bond and Chitra Divakaruni are already favourites, so no surprise there. Loved 'Lost in time' by Namita Gokhle, and high impact was 'Flow' by Mihaly C, which I hope to read again some day and How Proust can change your life.

A consolation on the books in terms of number, is that it didn't mean I did only this much reading. I did tons more reading for my exams :)

I'm taking this as opportunity to create my yardstick. I think for this year I'd like to touch 50 on movies and 25 on books. So next time no more casual judgement on self :)

No comments:

Post a Comment