Sunday, January 27, 2019

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel

I binge watched yesterday. Had no intention of doing so....... was in fact looking for something to watch for a shortish gap, and picked this instead of a movie as it had come strongly recommended by Sagari.


And what was supposed to be a half hour, slowly stretched to over five....and still counting

A beautifully made series. It's set in New York of 1950's ....the period look, the attire, the culture, the hats, the black twirling telephones, the male chauvinism, class distinctions, the stuck upness............... with some super interesting characters to hold the story.

A story about a woman finding her voice (pun intended), no not music but stand up comedy. It's a riot....one filled with guts, gumption and sheer joy.

Diksha walks past me in the first ten minutes of watching, when I still had a 'should I...shouldn't I' look on my face and said "it grows on you ma, stick around some more".

Sagari had said "I think you'll really really like it...it's made by the same people who created Gilmore Girls, it gives you the same warmth and vibe"

Sagari and Diksha, thanks for egging me on....I'm loving it !

No comments:

Post a Comment