Monday, August 20, 2018

The little things that warm the heart

An incident from yesterday evening.

I'd just reached my parents place, and was opening a packet of hot hot mirchi bajjis and mysore bhajjis....laying them out with chutney and all. Just then their watchman Naidu, walked into the house. The smell of fresh hot bajjis...aah....wafting through the air, all over the room...mouth watering..... so occurred the thought, and I quite naturally, gave him some.

The evening continued with mirchi bajjis and mysore bajjis and chai over relaxed chit chat.

A couple hours later, Naidu was back in the house to tell dad about some association meeting, and they had a long discussion. And as he was leaving he pauses by my chair to say "చాలా రుచిగా వుంది మాడం మిర్చీ భజ్జి , అలాగే తింటును వేలాను" (the mirchi bajji was very tasty madam, I ate it as I went down).

And then I see mom smile and say, as much to herself as to me "so nice of him, how much difference these little things make".

She was reflecting my very thoughts....and feelings too. I could feel that wonderful warm feeling in my heart.......a small but gracious gesture on his part.....one that goes a long long way.

1 comment:

  1. and yet it is so difficult to just be nice...

    ReplyDelete