Thursday, August 2, 2018

A scary funny moment

It was afternoon, a relatively quieter time, in an already very very quiet neighborhood (during the day we can at best hear some birds, and night we'll hear coqui frogs).

I suddenly hear this persistent, loud, shrill noise.....it's continuing over two minutes....so I go ask "aunty, what's that noise we can hear, it's just been going on".

She's like "Oh, that? that's a siren.....it's a tsunami warning practice."

So casual....it took me a minute to process that bit of information. And then I'm like "so, how do you know this is practice?"

Aunty; "Oh, it is.....they do it quite often"

Me: "Ok...but still....how do you know this is practice?"

Aunty: "well.....if it's real, we'll get a message on our phones as well"

Me: "So, where's your phone....could we atleast please check, this is creeping me out".

Aunty: "Ok.... go get my phone......"

No comments:

Post a Comment