Thursday, August 30, 2018

A KSRTC to Bangalore

There's a reason why the title reads 'A KSRTC....' instead of  'A day bus to Bangalore'. 

When I knew I was doing a short trip to Bangalore, my thoughts went to the possibility of a day bus, for the simple reason that I just love road trips. 

And as always this question of 'isn't it a waste of time' comes up (as also proved by the fact that I was the only one in the entire bus who did Hyderabad to Bangalore, the rest of the few folks on the bus were doing a hop skip jump between towns) 

Guess I don't understand 'productivity' the way everyone else does :)

Anyways.....on 'Vantage and View'.  It's so amazing (shocking) that all buses, with exception of KSRTC, have their windows painted across. It's crazy, just blocks out the ease of view. I actually pulled up images of all the travels who offer day service to find that it was only KSRTC who have their windows as meaningful 'windows' ( a way to connect into the outside). Now you get the title.

Pictures from the day: That's my bus, when we'd stopped for breakfast.


See that window painted across....TSRTC was another option that got ruled out for just this.


This was an interesting early morning drop to the bus stop...5.30 am. I had Sheik Shaukath. He took  me through some lanes I'd never been in before, and I'm telling him that, and he's like "shortkataan maloom madam", and when I got off and asked him for a picture he goes "kaiko madam?"


On our way....


Considering the bus was almost empty, I got to go sit behind the driver when I felt like a front view


Another front view picture


Inside of the bus

Tungabhadra in full flow...it was flowing so wide I initially thought it was a big lake


And again

After Anantapur, we hit these dry and arid countryside


Red soil there, which grows mostly peanuts and sunflower I think


As we approach Bangalore, there's so much grape gardens


This was my night bus back. I love the single upper berths, where you get to lie down and watch the stars. This picture seems to have caught half of the inside and half out.


Early morning, as I was leaving Diksha actually did a picture......I love the excitement that precedes a trip


Was a cute short trip to Bangalore....Dev uncle's 80th Birthday...a little family affair, but I just had to be there ......special reason, special person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment