Monday, July 11, 2016

The Surreal Beauty of Rains

The rains....I simply love the rains....it seems like a time when the whole of nature is in resonance, like the earth connects directly with the sky...a kind of completeness to it all. In fact yesterday when we were in the bus from Bangalore to Hyderabad, it was raining and looking so pretty from the bus, and I said something about it, and Diksha's like...'what an incurable romantic you are ma'. And then I realized that's what the rains bring out in me. I just fall in love with life all over again. 

Guess I'll use Tagore to say it in prettier words:

My heart, like a peacock on a rainy day,
spreads its plumes tinged with rapturous colours of thoughts,
and in its ecstasy seeks some vision in the sky,
My heart dances........

Some exquisite pictures of the rains (courtesy a forward in my inbox)

                         monsoon pics

                         monsoon pics

                          monsoon pics
And this one's closer home....the day Diksha was out in heavy rain and saying....don't be such a bore ma, come on out...but that day I was happy to sit on my favorite perch and watch her enjoy the rain....

No comments:

Post a Comment