Thursday, July 28, 2016

LalBagh Yet Again

I did a walk at Lalbagh.....and this after a few months. It made me realize two things:

One, that you need to be at peace, to do things which add to that peace..... a paradox kinds :)

Second, that a walk, especially in such pretty surroundings, is so beautiful .....visually, physically, mentally.....experientially...........that, it kind of slows you down.....helps you create that pause. Then you find yourself wondering why you don't do it more often. Then the aha..... it's one of those wants that just whispers to you, and so, is easy to ignore. We need to learn to listen to those whispers :)

I decided to do a mindful walk....a fully present walk.

The walk in pictures:

A cluster of trees in the middle of the lake... with so many exotic birds. I also love to catch birds in flight :)


Noticed the cycle stand at the entrance for the very first time


A lone and happy Pelican


Well....just trees 


The trees made prettier :)


A pretty pond filled with lotus


More lotuses


More pelicans, they are my favorite there, as they always remind me of childhood story books 


A kid in full on posing mode


This was on way back home, the kids all set for early morning cricket were sweet enough to pose and smile for me :)


The moment I stopped to take a pic, this cow which was quietly eating from the basket, turned and came to me for food. She was fortunately gentle enough to turn back when i said i had nothing for her :)


My regular vegetable bandi, she sweetly turned and smiled for me. Luckily her husband wasn't there (he's a grouch :)


At the entrance to our house....I'd never noticed how many spider lilies were in bloom, and the traveler tree behind makes such a pretty backdrop


As you can see, mindful walking surely helps observe more :)

1 comment:

  1. Instructions for living a life.
    Pay attention.
    Be astonished.
    Tell about it.
    -Mary Oliver

    ReplyDelete