Monday, October 12, 2015

Indigo Music Bar

Sunday evening was at the Indigo Music Bar, listening to Raghu play.


I'd actually dropped off the pubbing scene since my days with Google, and had forgotten what  fun an evening at a pub can be. Sure, it's loud..... the lights, the music, the crowd.....but there's also something riveting about it, especially when you have live music. 


Initially I couldn't connect, especially to the new genre electronic music, but a couple of coco passions took me through that. Then there was this guy who played old numbers with a simple guitar and that was lovely. 


Raghu, the tall guy with the guitar, and his band getting ready

He's now part of this new band called Rainbow Bridge, actually four days old. Raghu is the guitarist, with the lead singer being Sanjeev Thomas who was, actually is, Rehmans lead guitarist. Kaushik is on bass, and Rajeev on drums.

                                             That's them in full action

They are into hard core rock music, mostly their own compositions and they were pretty good. I unfortunately didn't record a video clip.


It's so heartening to see these guys living their passions and the crowd totally connected to the music. I kind of got why gen y will spend every possible weekend at a pub. Music, friends and wine...hard to beat.


An evening well spent. Thanks Girija, my dear event manager.

And Raghu, keep it going !!! Some friends ask me 'is raghu happy?' and I'm like....If that's not happiness, I don't know what is :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for making the night an enjoyable one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a new world behind my eye sight.... You are the one who brings out ... N...creating special interests...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Can imagine pulsating atmosphere through the pcitures. May Raghu continue to derive and spread joy though music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Usha, Next time don't imagine...join us. And I must say that's a wonderful blessing for Raghu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi smitha, sure ...😊...though I must admit I do not understand this genre of music much...

    ReplyDelete