Monday, October 5, 2015

Diksha and Bruce

Diksha and I did our second drive from Hyd to Bangalore. And what's more, she drove all the way, like all... all the way, and she's like...circle of life ma.

While I started in the morning telling her she's not experienced enough for the highway, and lets see how she feels, and does and stuff, I found she's an amazingly good driver; years of scooter on our roads gives you that feel for the road I guess, and she just has this natural deep bond with her car too, sorry...Bruce.

Diksha and Bruce

Guess it's the countryside, the fresh air, the open sky, whatever, it does seem to drop off some stuckupness from within too........ there's a free er flow of energy, conversation, togetherness.


It's like that Google hiring test of 'would you like this person next to you on a long flight'. I love that about drives, it just enables that connect at a one notch more level, a CANI of sorts. ( the constant and never ending improvement thingy, remember?)


These mountains have a clear and distinct line of black boulders ( small boulders, big stones) as a line across the top, through the peaks of the mountains, right through to the last one. It's as clear as drawn with a sketch pen. I'm hoping to get an explanation from my father....he's a geologist, and a darn good one too.


I was trying to catch a herd on camera but missed all those, and caught one single cow :)


On our break for lunch. She's picture averse, so each one caught unawares :)


Threatening cumulo nimbus clouds on the way, but the rain held out till we reached Bangalore; we had brilliant cloudy weather all the way.

Thanks Diksha and Bruce...for a wonderful drive !!

2 comments:

  1. Bruce must have missed her for an year and was so happy she was with him that he self drove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet thing to say. In fact, when we bought him last May, and were doing the car puja in the temple, I remember Diksha whispering into my ear.....I think I know how a mom feels with a new baby..... :)

    ReplyDelete